Listening to Scott talk about CAS4 work and effort. Core items he’s mentioned look to be:
* Redesigned to better support non-CAS protocols (e.g. SAML, etc.)
* Increased emphasis on SAML as a product
* Better admin tools (service administration, workflow for registering services)
* Eased configuration (w/o needing to edit deployerContext.xml)
* Better extension points: captcha, “password expired” messages
* Governance and other changes
Scott’s mentioned the timeframe is end of this year, with Rutgers looking to go-live over the summer. Cas 3.3.x is still the production maintenance release, and there are intentions for a transition period, though some of the details have not yet been worked out.