I wish uPortal did X. How do I (as a deployer/user) ensure uPortal evolves to better address my needs? How does the uPortal community uncover user needs, especially those specific to higher-education? The uPortal community has attempted to answer these questions via an open, ongoing process. This presentation provides an overview of the uPortal Requirements Gathering and Development effort. Topics addressed include background, goals, roles, and deliverables.
- History – What prompted this process, and how was it developed?
- Transparent process
- Increase user involvement
- Harness community resources
- Sustainable development
- vision statements
- requirements library
- use cases
- Gathering initial requirements
- Reviewing/refining requirements
- Implementing requirements